lets view some random science facts.
- Babies have around 100 more bones than adults. Babies have about 300 bones at birth, with cartilage between many of them.
- The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer. Large structures are built with expansion joints which allow them some leeway to expand and contract without causing any damage.
- 20% of Earth’s oxygen is produced by the Amazon rainforest. The Amazon rainforest covers 5.5 million square kilometres (2.1 million square miles) of Earth.
- A teaspoonful of neutron star would weigh 6 billion tons. Neutron stars contain some of the densest matter in the known universe.
- Hawaii moves 7.5cm closer to Alaska every year.
- If you took out all the empty space in our atoms, the human race could fit in the volume of a sugar cube. Over 99.99999 per cent of atoms are empty space.
- Venus is the only planet in our solar system to spin clockwise.
- If you rub an onion on your foot – within 30 – 60 minutes you will be able to taste it – this is because it travels through the blood stream.
- You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath (if you hold it until you go unconscious, you begin to breath normally as soon as you do.
- On one square inch of human skin there are 20 million microscopic creatures.
- A snail can sleep for 3 – 4 years – during which period it does not need food.
- If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you exactly 42 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the other side
- A medium-sized cumulus cloud weighs about the same as 80 elephants.
- In an average lifetime, human skin completely replaces itself 900 times.
- The strongest creatures on Earth are gonorrhea bacteria. They can pull 100,000 times their own body weight.
- It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to its surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to Earth
- The known universe is made up of 50,000,000,000 galaxies. There are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars in a normal galaxy. In the Milky Way alone there might be as many 100 billion Earth-like planets. Still think we’re alone?
- There is a planet in milkyway galaxy named 55 cancri e which is atleast one third of diamond with a radius twice as earth. It is 40 light years far from here.
(NOTE: All these facts were collected form various sources not self proclaimed)